Usually elbow pain is not serious, but because you use your elbow in so many ways, elbow pain can be very frustrating. Your elbow is a complex joint; it allows you to extend and flex, as well as rotate your hand and forearm. Since most movements are a combination of these actions, you may sometimes find it difficult to describe exactly which movement brings on the pain.
Elbow pain is often caused by overuse. Many sports, hobbies and jobs require repetitive hand, wrist or arm movements. Elbow pain may occasionally be due to arthritis, but in general, your elbow joint is much less prone to wear-and-tear damage than many other joints are.
Common causes of elbow pain include:
- Broken arm
- Bursitis (joint inflammation)
- Dislocated elbow
- Golfer’s elbow
- Osteoarthritis (disease causing the breakdown of joints)
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory joint disease)
- Stress fractures
- Tennis elbow
- Throwing injuries
- Trapped nerves
Signs & Symptoms:
- Severe pain, swelling, redness or bruising around the joint
- Trouble moving your elbow in a normal fashion, using your arm or turning your arm from palm up to palm down and vice versa
- Elbow pain that does not improve after home care
- Pain that occurs even when you are not using your arm
Amsterdam Clinics specialists will perform the clinical examination and diagnosis with a primary concern to avoid unnecessary X-rays, MRIs, surgeries and medications, and to reach the root cause of your problem underlying in your lifestyle or daily practice, with the purpose of relieving pain, full recovery and sustained prevention.
Your Care Path will include:
- Full assessment & screening by our qualified team.
- Comprehensive diagnosis
- Second opinion from a Dutch expert.
- A treatment plan supervised by the Dutch experts.
- A prevention program to ensure non-recurrence.
- The possibilities for treatment in the Netherlands
Are you not able to come to one of our venues? Our specialistst(s) will visit you at home!