Knee complaints are very common among people of all ages, often due to acute injury or trauma as well as chronic overuse which may cause inflammation, pain and swelling. This condition may alter the quality of life and daily life activities. Long-term knee pain is often helped by weight loss and exercises to strengthen the muscles around the joint and stimulate the secretion of joint fluid.
Knee Pain Causes Include:
- ACL injury (tearing of the anterior cruciate ligament in your knee)
- Avascular necrosis (death of bone tissue due to limited blood flow)
- Baker’s cyst
- Broken leg
- Collateral ligament injury
- Gout (arthritis related to excess uric acid)
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Knee bursitis (inflammation of fluid-filled sacs in the knee joint)
- Medial collateral ligament injury
- Osgood-Schlatter disease
- Osteoarthritis (disease causing the breakdown of joints)
- Osteochondritis dissecans
- Osteomyelitis (a bone infection)
- Patellar tendinitis
- Patellofemoral pain syndrome
- Posterior cruciate ligament injury
- Referred pain from hip area
- Septic arthritis
- Torn meniscus
Amsterdam Clinics specialists will perform the clinical examination and diagnosis with a primary concern to avoid unnecessary X-rays, MRIs, surgeries and medications, and to reach the root cause of your problem underlying in your lifestyle or daily practice, with the purpose of relieving pain, full recovery and sustained prevention.
Your Care Path will include:
- Full assessment & screening by our qualified team.
- Comprehensive diagnosis
- Second opinion from a Dutch expert.
- A treatment plan supervised by the Dutch experts.
- A prevention program to ensure non-recurrence.
- The possibilities for treatment in the Netherlands
Are you not able to come to one of our venues? Our specialistst(s) will visit you at home!