Our Pediatric Rehabilitation program is dedicated to helping children of all ages reach their highest potential. Pediatric physiotherapists are specifically trained to improve the lives and daily function of children who suffer from a wide range of injuries and congenital conditions. Pediatric patients range from infants in the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit to teenage competitive athletes, specifically 0 to 18 years of age, and young adults with childhood disorders.
Signs & Symptoms
Many common childhood disorders and diseases manifest with movement dysfunction and motor skill issues and can be treated or improved with physiotherapy. These include:
- Cerebral Palsy
- Down Syndrome
- Muscular Dystrophy and associated disorders
- Spina Bifida
- Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Cardio-Pulmonary Disorders
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Undiagnosed hypotonia and developmental coordination disorder
- Scoliosis, back pain, sports injuries, fractures, and orthopedic surgeries.
Amsterdam Clinics role is to work with the children and their families to assist each child to reach their maximum potential, to function independently and to promote active participation at home, in school, and in the community.
Your Care Path will include:
- Full assessment & screening by our qualified team.
- Comprehensive diagnosis
- Second opinion from a Dutch expert.
- Occupational Assessment
- A treatment plan supervised by the Dutch experts.